So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Monday, July 04, 2011

Try, try again...

Rained nearly everyday in June, yesterday was the first day in a long time that we didn't get at least some precipitation at night, in the morning or the whole day long. Drier days could not have come at a better time. The oil company I am working for brought in a second drilling rig, both rigs have been moving to their new locations the past 3 days.

Little bit more stress and things seem to go wrong in a hurry. I got a call from an irate manager of mine that I didn't get some resident water wells tested prior to spud, lot of late night running around, phone calls to probable interested parties that were more than likely partying on a stat holiday....hey who wouldn't be? I mean who is dumb enough to work and never care what day of the week they work or what holiday it might be? I guess that's me. Anyway things were figured out and it turned out that we were within the regulations so no harm no foul.

I can't believe how quickly the days are accumulating, its so busy, I am behind in my filing, my paperwork and my life or what little there is of that. I am a month behind in invoicing myself out again...seems like I get a little bit of money in the bank, the worries on that side are over and I get slack. Going to have to work on that, I need a better system for life in general, need some organization.


In the picture this time is Precision Drilling rig 509, it`s a fair size piece of iron, if I am not mistaken it is an old Brelco rig The 500`s were Brelco, the 600`s were Kenting. Both companies acquired when Precision started its run at being the only source for drilling hardware in Western Canada. So glad the Alberta government bailed them out a few years ago...(not)

No comments:

Post a Comment