So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Thursday, September 15, 2011

My south is not yours...

So I am sitting in the parking lot of the laundry place in Edson Alberta waiting for three loads to dry. When they are dry I plan to drive back down to Lethbridge, its not a vacation, it's not for fun or just because I want to drive. Its because logic, logical thinking and common sense do not apply to my work most of the time. I am going to charge my dayrate, my phone rate, my sub-rate and a buck ten a kilometer to go down south, sit onsite for a grand total of 3 hours, to see a 40ft piece of pipe set in the ground. When that is done I plan to turn around and charge a buck ten all the way back. Logical huh? You have to understand that a drilling rig will be at that site in a week and granted they do need that "pipe" set in the ground, that's not the part with no common sense...no, the part that baffles me is that the rig will have a company man on location...so he can't go down a day early set the thing and then stay to drill the well?

1500km round trip when there was a chance I could have had a weekend off for the first time since June. Anyone want to take bets on when I start telling some people to go pound sand up their a**es?

No comments:

Post a Comment