So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Stress reflection

June monsoons' have arrived...as June always seems to do. Its predictable and unpredictable in the most unforgiving way. I am normally a calm, take it as it happens type muppet, but the rains and delay to my work are starting to eat away at any confidence I might have had before. Its like this every year.

I have 4 locations to do before the end of June, we have had very few days this month without rain...not good. I don't think I have ever had 4 (substantial) jobs that had to be started at the same time. My pick-up or "office" is a mess as I try to correlate files, make the proper notifications, phone the people that need to be phoned and try to plan ahead.

I freak myself out sometimes trying to second guess my cluttered mind. "Did I do a first call?" "which one is the drilling rig going to first?" "Did I tell this landowner I want to start work?...no dammit that's the other job...you know...the one you haven't started because you were waiting for something to come over email" Leaving messages for people that don't seem to be tied to the phone like "YOU" are.

And then the rain...when it rains you are shut down. The equipment is parked...and you wait. The forecast says its going to be a couple of days before it clears Wish you could go home but that 4th job, you know the one with the extra special greedy landowner that wanted his entry cheque early? Smart you went and planned on Tuesday to take it to him on Friday, maybe kill 2 birds with one stone, get it over with so that proper preparations could be made. Seemed like a good plan. Rain...so here you sit when you could have been travelling home. Can't break an appointment and rile up ol' greedy gopher guts. No he wants his money NOW! Even got your cell number and called to see when he could have it. Not the way its supposed to work, but oh well...

RAIN! and its Wednesday...no way to travel home 700km's that way for 2 days when you are supposed to be 300km's the other way...bright and early...Friday in the AM.

FML ;-(



1 comment:

  1. Too much stress is certainly not good! Remember while you're trying to please others, that some are beyond help, and you're worth pleasing too. I am also a doer who tries to please everyone possible and learning to say no or not today has been hard, but it's for the better. If we burn out we won't be any good to anyone.

    ReplyDelete