So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pomeroy Inn & Suites...terrible but,


That’s just fine, my shadow will never darken your doorway again.
I booked a room online recently; My family was going to meet me in Dawson Creek B.C. I thought:  Well I stayed in almost every motel chain known, why not try Pomeroy Inn and Suites and see what they are like.
I googled Pomeroy Inn and Suites, followed the link for Dawson Creek and filled out the information. I booked a king suite with adjoining bedroom for the kids. Days later I show up and try to check in. I waited in a line-up of one, consisting of myself, for 10 minutes while a disgruntled former employee quizzed the front desk clerk about her pay cheque. Finally I make it to the desk only they have no record of a reservation. I check my confirmation number, turns out the online link has checked me into the Grande Prairie version of Pomeroy Inn and Suites (I know this because the Dawson Creek Pomeroy Inn and Suites front desk clerk looked up the confirmation number). The front desk clerk informs me that I can have a double queen room for the same price as the king at the Grande Prairie Pomeroy Inn And Suites…I am not happy but oh well its only one night. While we are walking to the room on the 3rd floor a pair of large dogs, behind a door two rooms from ours, decide to bark…loudly…oh well ,its just for one night I am sure the owners will quieten them down.  We drop our things and head out for the night…the dogs… they start barking again when we walk down the hallway and again when we come back to the room at midnight…actually they bark every FUCKING time someone walks down the hallway.
I leave early the next morning to go back to work, the family will follow later. At 9:30 am I receive a call from the Grande Prairie Pomeroy Inn and Suites informing me that I will be paying for the room that was booked in Grande Prairie that I did not stay in…following this? The call took a decidedly downward turn as I informed the Grande Prairie Pomeroy Inns and Suites manager of what a shitty overall operation they run…when she had the gall to ask me where I would like the invoice sent I ended the call, filled with expletives up to that point, with a final: FUCK YOU!
I make no apologies…after I had calmed down I phoned the manager of the Dawson Creek Pomeroy Inn and Suites…I re-iterated, without using foul language this time why I would never be staying at any Pomeroy Inn and Suites anywhere ever again. I told them that I know I am a nobody but I do spent $10,000-$15,000 a year on motel accommodation when at work. I said your chain doesn't seem to appreciate that but what you will appreciate are the bad reviews that show up online when something is tagged correctly and starts appearing in searches
…I happen to know how to do that “Pomeroy Inn and Suites”… see what I did right there? Wonder why I mentioned the full name umpteen times already? And this is just on my little blog, wait till I have time to visit the motel review sites…I read reviews…do you? Pomeroy Inn and Suites? If I was a journalist this would be called a hatchet job...just glad I could provide you with the same service you provided me...Pomeroy Inn and Suites.

No comments:

Post a Comment