So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

So far so good...so what?




Its been awhile and I have some èsplainin to do for not posting a single blog in the month of May. My bad...just got busy and it seemed like all the same sort of work as before.

Anyway I built a location up north, close to home for me and it was very cool. I got to hire some old friends. I also picked up the new pickup. And I pulled the travel trailer 793kms south to start another project near Edson Alberta.

It rained so much when we finally moved the drilling rig that if I could I would kiss my own ass for a little fotuitious foresight...I hummed and hawed over trucking in a scraper and finally did just that. Those wonderfull rubber tires made all the difference between a nicely packed lease and one that could have turned into a gigantic muddy mess when the monsoon came.
The new pick up is nice even for me. Its got the new 6.2l ford gas motor and that seems allright, would you believe I have already put 8000km on in a little over 2 weeks? It has heated and air conditioned seats, rear diff lock, a rearview camera and just about power everything else. Very nice...but I did test drive the new ford diesel and OMG!!! that thing has to seen to be believed...power like you know what, but just a bit more than I was prepared to spend.

Well pulling the trailer down was an adventure, the F250 can pull it at 120kmph but the mileage is just disgusting, about 8 miles to the gallon....on the other hand when not pulling a boat anchor it is very respectable and has a cool little mpg real time gauge that is definitely having an impact on my bad driving habits....awesome tech they have these days. I did have 1 blow out on the trailer so that was fun...I wondered why I could not get past a 100kmph and why was there all that smoke behind me...
Well thats about it this time around...The Edson job should last another week and then its either a job in Smoky Lake or I will head west to Grande Cache and start a few cleanup projects...looks like a very busy summer ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment