So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Dark prediction...

I'm away at work again, roosting at the Comfort Inn at Edson AB. Rush job, but not really because the drilling rig will be delayed due to hard digging. Oh well it's nice to have the cushion...did I ever mention I hate/loath deadlines? They are a curse that shouldn't be. Due diligence and sound planning cures all. I even have a hard time watching phony reality TV shows that have them. Why don't they just do it right? Hyped ice road load counts or making a cake, I really don't care. Shouldn't quality trump everything else? Not in this world we live in I guess.

PG and I have been seriously thinking about buying a house together, I have even gone so far as to see what sort of pre-approval I might get. (will see how that goes, PG was in banking and knows the local mortgage rep at my bank...some unpleasant reviews. Rep was supposed to email me and must have forgot...not a good start)

I make no bones that the whole mortgage scenario frightens me. Sure the bank has a great interest rate right now, but that can only last so long. What happens in 5 years? What happens when the SHTF and the world credit system collapses as some believe it will?

My job is in oil and while I see no other viable alternative to our energy needs for most of MY working life, I hear rumours that the price per barrel may be heading for  $50-60 in the next year. Natural gas has already tanked and is hitting some majors hard. One of my buddies in the business phoned the other day, his employer (Junior oil company) has pulled all their money for a few months effectively ending the job he had.

I don't see a good future for carrying debt right now which is why I have paid most of mine off (*previous post) Do I want to be obligated having to round up $4000 a month to make payments? I don't know what the answer is...I'm trying to make the right decisions. This grown up stuff is hard.

However...the kid side of me went and made a few more purchases, in the picture above you can see one of them. 1/2 oz of four 9's gold, 3000 total mintage. At least I have faith in this investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment