So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back on track...

VE Brandl 772GP JD Grader at the Sunrise job
Been awhile since I posted anything to my blog, I do believe I missed the entire month of August. Things going along the same for the most part. Had a run in with a new love...grader love, as in a brand new 772GP John Deere that I was allowed to run for 5 days when my old contractor friends in BC won the latest location bid that I had to construct up there. "Up there", what does that even mean? Means I'm working in Central Alberta for the most part with the odd trip back "Home", only this time it was for a job that I was supervising for Junior oil company. Loved that grader so much that I wanted to stay, take a cut in pay go operate to be around family for once in the last 15 years. I joked with my bosses a few years ago that if they bought a G model John Deere grader I would quit what I was doing and come back as long as I was the only one to sit in the seat. The joke almost became a reality, but I have no reason to go yet. I'm not pissed off, jobs are going relatively well for Junior Oil Company and I still want the consulting money. So nice to have choices in this job environment, not everyone has that.

Mystery character?
I had my brother start on some character work for the idea I mentioned in the last blog and this is the very early beginnings of what we have planned. The little guys name and occupation have yet to be revealed. Some may have guessed, but I'm still letting the premise percolate for a time before I reveal everything. Its a good start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment