So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Nervous habit

I came back to work after too little time off. Had fun with PG and the kids, did some Christmas shopping. Excited about it, mostly done, just put myself in cruise and wait for it to happen now. That is a new one for me, I'm usually the one that is out a few days before x-mas, spending too much to make up for the lack of my thoughtfulness. This time it was good to think about it and do some careful research for once.

PG and I bought something together that is going to help out a whole bunch: Purchased a sea-can. 20-footer, brand new. Had it hauled out to my folks place and put it by the barn. Its going to be used for storage. In lieu of a house of our own it is the best thing for right now and will help get organized. Already hauled some stuff over and its in use.

Today is not the best. I traveled down yesterday, took my time because of the icy roads, also slow because I was stopping constantly to send email or make phone calls for the new job that I kicked off today. I really don't know how I get things done sometimes...no plan, just make a few calls. For some reason unknown to me they seem to be in order. I was able to bid the job out to four contractors on short notice and the prices all came in today. I got some appointments set up with TransCanada Pipeline and Talisman reps and those normally take 72 hours before they will even talk. I got my logger taking down the wood, the labourers were out to get the wire fences down and the contractor is coming tomorrow to start moving dirt. Wow I can't believe it, something isn't right....

Yup...looked at my email today, another prog came out and Junior Oil Company wants to scout and survey a new location in Red Earth. Some say its the armpit of Alberta, (the Asshole position is currently held by Rainbow Lake or Fox Vegas depending on your point of view)...I just say F&*K!! I do not want to do it...I do not want work there, travel there or any other there you can think of...I had a hard and fast rule once that I don't work north of HWY 43. Last year Slave Lake was enough of a pain in my ass...Red Earth is just that much more. Farther out, living in camp, mosquitoes and rain in the summer...desolate winter and all that comes with it when civilization is 3 hours away by fast car... and that only gets me back to Slave. The problem is I only told the outfit I work for about my rule...they have nothing to do with Junior Oil Company...Junior don't know about my hang-ups. Damn this is going to suck. I found myself reaching for a non existent cigarette pack this afternoon...must be nervous stress.

So I went out and bought some tracks for my quad today, going to need them to travel around with surveyors in the snow. Can't get them put on my quad until late next week and that will probably be too late...have to rent a snowmobile in the mean time.

I got the Tatou 4S system, from what I have read they are a good contraption, usable all year long and cost less that the Bombardier Apache tracks. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment