So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Anonymous rambling

Been getting out more and more...it feels good. I feel like I am shaking that feeling that I think we all get when we are not ourselves, for whatever reason. For me of course it was the sickness of last month. I keep thinking back to the first night in recovery and the poor guy next to me that was looking at 6 months in there and I only had to do half the month (and a bit of annoying out-patient work)...that kid was broken up and it was a bad scene.

On to other topics: I have to laugh, online life is a hoot sometimes...1+1 doesn't always make 2...the paintbrush  only hides so much. Positivity is good only if its true and you can back it up. This will only make sense to me and a really good youtube friend, but hey a laugh is a laugh and I'll take all I can get. Thanks for everything Janet.

Had a good talk with an old friend. Ken ain't computer savy and will never read this, but all the same it was good and he really seems to get the best out me. I was surprised that he wasn't surprised. It seems the oilfield really is such a small world, I will always be glad for the friends I have there...might be time to realize I don't live in a bubble and all the friends I need are already there.

Been thinking a lot about futures, me in particular, house design to be specific...Underground, south facing, ranch bungalow from the front view, mini-donkeys eating grass off the roof from the back view. That of course brings me to work and making it all happen. Wouldn't that be cool? 

Made the call, to the surveyors, and it seems I will be back at things on Tuesday after Labour Day. Three more wellsites to plot and that will eat up a good portion of my winter, woohoo! I like//love to be busy, now more than ever. I think I am way past drag-assing and complaining about work for a long while to come.

I feel like I am on a mission, the goal is very clear and socializing will take a distant backseat to everything else I do. LOL! I'll be like a robot...in addition to making the money and lots of it, I am going to be very selfish, if that can be a good word in this context. My goals and dreams come first, I don't need to explain myself to anyone...its very liberating. For too long I have been willing to give up what I want for others and their wacked out thoughts/personalities.

I have such a big advantage over others...I remember a talk some teacher I had said once: "You need to do (this and that), because the world is so competitive now" How untrue, take 10 classmates, 3 will be born losers and never rise above gas jockey and welfare, another 2 won't make it past 30 because the road was icy, 2 more will loose their minds and be chemically dependent  for the rest of their lives because a Dr told them they have problems instead of looking after themselves. That leaves just 3 people to compete for success. Well I know the other 2 and they have pursuits and careers so foreign to me it doesn't matter anymore. Hey I'm a realist, the oil biz and guys like me probably only have another 25 years, but I'll make mine in the meantime

2 comments:

  1. Hi catskinner - sorry I haven't checked in on your blog in awhile. I'm glad to see you are doing well and feeling better.
    Malulo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Elizabeth, appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete