So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Saturday, September 11, 2010

an odd thing happened.....

On the way to work on Monday afternoon I was just about to Valleyview going east when... BANG! My drivers side window on the pickup blew in and covered me in glass. Surprised is a word I didn't use. I stopped on the side of the highway and tried to figure things out. I was so close to Valleyview that I thought just for the heck of it I would make out a police report. I thought maybe someone was shooting at cars with a pellet gun, but I wasn't sure. I talked with my friend Dave the other day and he said in their company alone its happened 3 times. When the glass is dirty and mud hardens on the window sometimes it gets scored when the window goes up and down, all it takes is the pressure differential when a semi goes by to make it shatter. Makes sense to me, but I could have sworn that the semi had not gone by me when it broke....

So I went to work on Tuesday to survey those wells, it was good to get back. I went back to Grande Prairie on Wednesday to get the wound vac dressing changed then  drove all the way back to Edson to complete the surveying....and then, you probably guessed....Drove back to GP on friday to get the wornd vac changed again.

Funny thing about the Wound Vac. On Friday I decided to do it sans the drugs, big mistake. It seems the nurses decided that one place was healed a bit too much and had created a fold. They then decided it would be a great idea to burn it down with silver nitrate under the dressing....Sensitive area on the body and I could feel that ...and feel it ...and feel it some more like the dial on a stove being turned up, its a friggin day later and I can still feel it. Next time the drugs are going down BEFORE the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment