So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Back to some sort of normal

Some may have noticed that I took a break from all this online stuff, most probably did not. Afterall this is just my thing to vent and I like it that way...although everyone is welcome to read.

Been busy and actually had the best month I have ever had in this business, but you know it still seems like a fine line that I have to tread and that gets tedious. I'm just finishing a liner install job in Edson Alberta. I absolutely hate the can't do's of this world...I am going to keep the contractor anonymous, but have to say that rarely have I been in the presence of a company mentality that can figure out so many ways in which to do so little. This friggin liner has been a nightmare from hell and guess who gets the brunt of it when nothing gets done and money is still being spent?

Took a good hard fall the other morning coming out of the motel at 5:00am. I swear it looked like damp parking lot...it wasn't. Out the feet went and BAM!! Right on my back, computer case landed 10ft away and skittered across the pavement. I tucked my head in so that didn't crack, but my elbow and shoulder blades took a real shit-kickin...just started to notice my left thumb is sore and have no idea how that happened. Here is my shameless plug of the day: That laptop that went across the pavement? Well it was snug as a bug inside a Pelican protective briefcase, I highly recommend that if you have a laptop that you get one. Another one of the best purchases I ever made.

Speaking of new purchases, I have become entralled with a new camera and I am thinking very seriously of ordering it online as soon as I finish this blog entry. It is a High-Def, wearable and fully water proof cam called the Go-Pro Hero. From what I have heard and seen on youtube it is truly amazing, the possibilities for me are seemingly endless. I am getting tired of my low def, un-high tech cam that cost so much just a year and a half ago. For less money I can get the Go-Pro, have 1080p, 170 degree field of view and mount it anywhere. That is awesome to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment