So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Flame Wars and Tree-Hugging Hippies

The following entry has some mature content...so if you are easily offended please feel free to find your reading material elsewhere. That said I wanted to do a a little blurb on the hazards of putting anything online for the world to see. In my case it is the Youtube videos that I do every so often. I started the videos just to show a few friends and family what I was up to. It has grown since then and while I am not a well known youtuber like some, I do get a few thousand views each month and make some coin doing it.

With Youtube I get viewers from all over with varied backgrounds and political leanings. Some make themselves and their views, whatever they may be, known by commenting on the videos. Some viewers comment respectfully and ask smart questions that I am more than happy to answer. Some are Youtube pros and want everyone to know how good they are. Some comments are funny or sad, illogical or down right intriguing. But then there are the keyboard commando's, faceless stalkers, cyber bullies and trash of the internet that feel it is their duty to put you in your place...assuming they know your background, likes and dislikes or how smart you are based on the content they find online.

When I first started on Youtube I was one of those pros that thought they could make one snarky comment to prove my point and make the other user look like a dumb-ass. I think over the years I have grown a little and now see that it is a losers game that makes nobody happy with the outcome. As a publisher of online commentary I have found that block tools and comment moderation can be my best friends. I rarely get into flame wars anymore...live and let live. I just don't respond. But every once in a while....I get someone who pushes my button.

One note before I go on: The following is a comment that I responded to that was posted last night on a video I made called "Oilfield Logging". Now I'm not necessarily racist or bigoted, as a matter of fact I had to wiki search the words that some may find offensive. Its a matter of hate what you know, see or hear and quite frankly I didn't grow up in an environment that had many of this particular ethnic group. So here it is:


those are really cute machines you got, but i want you to remember one thing every time you kill a tree with that machine. for every tree you kill, you put one more nail in the coffin of death of this planet. that makes you and every person that cuts down a tree a fuck'n asshole. just so you know the planet has been raped of 80% of it's forest. that's fuck'n horrible. so every time you cut a tree down, remember that you are a fuck'n asshole, maybe even a dickhead. WE NEED TREES YOU PRICK.
odmcarp 14 hours ago
Reply
@odmcarp Thank you for that insightful yet incoherent rant. It might interest you to know that I have personally cut and burned more trees than you have ever seen, true no lie, I even video it so that informed tree-huggers like yourself can get enjoyment from it. "but i(tie) want you to remember one thing: remember you are a fuck'n asshole, maybe even a (dago)dickhead" awww... but I'm just fuck'n wit cha.., I'll be sure to give your opinion some thoughtful consideration... yeah right.
CDNcatskinner 3 hours ago




I'm not saying what I did was right, it was wrong, but sometimes it feels good to burn them after they have attacked my livelihood and me as a person...and I'm going to burn them, I will go to their page/channel, find out who they are what they do...if they are stupid enough to leave their recent activity open I'm going to use that too...fair warning dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment