So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Too fast...


I woke up to the sound of screaming and it wasn't my own. I was confused and it took a moment to figure out that I was a passenger in the backseat of a green 1978 Ford station wagon. Looking out the window revealed a dusky mountainous landscape passing by at an alarming rate. Downhill, with hairpin turns, I could hear rubber tires fighting for purchase on a gravel shoulder and feel the centrifugal force pushing me towards the door as the car desperately tries to stay on the road. The screaming up front didn't stop and that quick mental calculation that I am sure we can all do came up with only one solution: Car travelling way too fast to make this corner or even the next...and its a long way down over the edge. I am going to die,  a sick gut wrenching feeling comes over me. I'm going to die and I don't make a sound. I look to my left at the empty bench seat...

Then I wake up. Damn. I wonder what the hell this one meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment