So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Scout and Surveyors


Whew! What the heck? I guess I haven't posted in awhile


So I have been out and about, I am back in Alberta working with a crew of surveyors getting another site ready for eventual construction....just need to see the L/O (landowner) and I should be able to book it back to BC.


I talked to the foreman I worked for this summer on the phone last night and put my name back in the hat for an operating job as this work I am currently on will not start for another month or so.


The weather hasn't been the greatest and I am actually glad that I got held over another day...lots of freezing rain the night before last and the roads got a bit dicey.


Regarding the work right now: I had the opprtunity to view it without the surveyors and just get on my merry way, thank god I didn`t. Turns out there is a major elevation change across the new site, like +20m and that woulld have been a very big red flag to the ERCB....slow the application and possible denial of well license.....we had to shift the well center and get the boundaries up on to better ground....hell if I had it my way the bigger the cut and fill the better, but thats the way it is in this environmental age.

No comments:

Post a Comment