So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Travel Daze!?


So I made it back to Ft St John and my own bed late last night and let me tell you the travel is getting to me.


I sometimes surprise myself with my ability at road ragery. Is it too much to ask that some either go with the flow of traffic of get off the road and let the rest get to where they need to go without following you and your slow farmer ass? I logged into my facebook page and one friends' status was aptly put: "Traffic, how bout Traffuck"


Getting back to the days events. After leaving the hotel in Edson I took a route to get me into the general area of the site my boss wanted me to look at. (At some future date I may want to actually look at the map or get the proper coords before leaving town.....thats all I have to say about that.) Got the Edson sites viewed, sent some pics via wireless email and I was off to the next site near Grande Cache. Oh yeah... I got a call from the Conductor bowl outfit, wondering why I didn't drop the bowl off in Brooks...told him Brooks was three hours out of my way and I really didn't feel like making this a twenty hour trip. Turns out they have a drop off point in Hinton and I will be passing right through so problem solved. The next job at Grand Cache was about the same as Edson...Go look, communicate, leave.....but I may get some work cleaning these two site s up next sping, however there was the added excitement of having my pickup toboggan down a hill semi out of control in the snow, which then left me at the bottom wondering if even 4x4 would get me back up to the highway and relative safety. ( I made it back up, not as bad as I thought and I found one set of new tire chains where someone drove away without picking them up, see that hill was a bad one!)


Got back home around 6:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment