So a little about me...

I'm Jeff and I'm from Western Canada...the good part, Northern BC and Alberta. I'm just normal oilfield trash that got interested in blogging. Can't say I am the most prolific or timely, but if I have something to say I usually will...So anyway this is just a look through my eyes once in a while...I don't claim to be right, but I'll never be left.

Visit my you tube channel under username: CDNcatskinner

"Everyones' gotta be something
Me I'm stupid,
It's all I ever wanted to be,

Shock me again and I'll say,
Anything you want me to"

~Matthew Good Band, from the song Rico
Reach me by email: tachwell@telusplanet.net

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Travel days


For me travel usually means work, and while I get paid to travel (right now the rate is a $1.10 per Km), that travel means crisscrossing Alberta in a rather hectic fashion.


This morning I left Pincher Creek at 9:00am (a little late I know) and took Hwy 22 north. After several stops to talk with friends and drop paperwork for another job with a contractor. I arrived in Edson at 4:30 PM. Supposed to view a new jobsite, but that late start got the better of me and I lost the available light to properly view the job. The oil company wants to see if a new site could be placed next to an existing well. Kinda hard to do when the sun goes down. Thats just the way things went, I didn't even get to drop a conductor bowl off that has been rolling around in the bed of my pickup for a couple of days now. I was looking forward to getting home and getting some time off, but here I am in my motel room (Comfort Inns at Edson, great room and reasonably cheap BTW). I was hoping to get by without having to get yet another room but what can you do? I wanted a shower and all the other amenities, I can sleep pretty well in the Ford if I have to, but why bother, I don't want to crap in the woods if he don't have to.


The picture is from when the Waterton Job at Lookout Butte was ratholed, that where I come from and if you have seen Edson country you will know why I picked this pic instead.

2 comments:

  1. I love the blog. One suggestion --- it' very hard to read a light color type on a dark background. It looks cool but it's trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noted and will be done, I only wish I had read it before posting just now...lol

    ReplyDelete